I'm a slacker.
Some would use the term procrastinator. But that's not the whole problem. I tend to ignore the things in my life that irritate me until they cannot be any longer ignored. This can be problematic when those irritants add up and submit your plate number to the RMV for nonrenewal, and when later, because the nonrenewal notice was irritating enough to warrant the ingorance treatment, you get pulled over and cited for driving on a 4 months expired registration.
Sometimes those things sit in the corner of your room with the near new rosin and unfettered bow, mocking your inability after 4 months to play the cello at all.
Sometimes they sit in the fridge and go bad because I ate at fast food and restaurants all week. Then you look in Sunday only to discover your only real food is under myco-conquest.
I have been ignoring other things in my life too. Most of them more important than parking tickets, rented instruments, and fungus laden sandwich meat. As usual, eventually the Lord puts me in my place. Strangely, this was accomplished less by the usual descent into depression and self-loathing this time, and more by a gentle reminder of something good. He let me feel the Spirit this weekend. Over and over again, I was rewarded by simple modest whispers of assurance from the Holy Ghost. I'm blessed. And despite recently enduring some of the most challenging periods in my life, I have every reason to be happy.
Tonight I enjoyed many friendships. It's good for escapist slackers like me to have those friends who always love and accept you even after long periods of pulling away. I often think I have no one, only to be reminded almost instantly that I have so many dear and vital friends who don't give up on me.
9 comments:
AMen! To ALL of it.
XOXO.
You also have blogstalkers who are generally feeling too overwhelmed and/or tired and/or otherwise socially challenged to say hello at church but who still think you're pretty freaking cool.
i like you. that is all.
I'm glad you had such a great weekend reminder. We all need that sometimes!
It's good to read about ya!
Aww, thanks folks.
never. :)
so remember that one time you said you'd ask me to marry you just to make me feel awkward about it... and I was totally awkward about it...ya... that was awkward...about it
I reflect this post. My entire semester has felt this way. But He never lets go of us does He? Goodness we're so stinkin blessed. It's amazing. Thanks for always being there man. loves
You're not alone, Jared. You're never alone.
Post a Comment