Sunday, April 04, 2010

My day in great detail...

Ok, so I decided I was gonna just tickle my fancy for the rest of these "in great detail" posts, cause to describe more than one day in great detail would be (a) arduous and (b) boring. Seriously, my whole year? Nobody wants to read that crap. I sure as hell don't want to write it. But I figure I could tell you about my Easter Sunday in fair detail without boring you. I think.

I woke up at 7:45am, showered and dressed in my new suit (I just bought it the other day at an incredibly bizarre store with purple velour and blue leather suits in the windows... I was very hesitant at first, but it turns out they have normal-people suits too) and picked up Danielle in Newton. We drove to an area of downtown Boston called Copley Square. We found parking quickly (and free on Sunday) had a quick breakfast and waited outside the beautiful Trinity Chapel to be let in for their Easter Mass. The service was beautiful, and the music was fantastic. Trinity has a spectacular organist and an instrument to match. It has antiphonal (at the back of the hall) pipes for the organ music equivalent of surround sound. I've always tried since my mission to take part in Holy Week with the larger Christian community in some way. Especially when we Mormons have General Conference on Easter, I feel like we tend to miss out on the tradition that most of Christianity has, of remembering the last week of Jesus mortal life, and proclaiming the joyous news of the Lord's Resurrection with our fellow Christians. After the mass we drove back to my house where my roommates had general conference up on the projector, and several friends over for a bbq. We ate good food and enjoyed the morning session. I took a nice nap between sessions, played a little guitar, then watched the afternoon session. Danielle and I then headed to an Easter dinner with the raspberry cheesecake brownies we made last night (when I say we, I mean, I bought the ingredients and Danielle did all the cooking). Dinner was great, dessert was too, and I even ended up telling the Melissa-One honking story to the sister missionaries.

Don't worry, if you're unfamiliar with that story, I'll tell it tomorrow...

Anyway, then Danielle and I finished Season One of Dollhouse... so addicting. And that was my Easter Sunday. How was yours?

No comments: