Thursday, July 05, 2007

Just Watch the Fireworks

- Jimmy Eat World

So my 4th of July in Boston was, as the townies would say, "wicked awesome". I tell you, the first time you say those words without any intended irony is a sad day indeed. And anyone who's lived in Boston long enough eventually does.

I had a long and wonderful Findependence Day even if it didn't meet completely with the aforementioned itinerary. It began with a 4:15 AM drive to the beaches of Nahant, a little peninsula of sorts in the North part of the harbor, to watch the sun rise over the Atlantic. Trisha, Michelle, Kirsti, Lora, and I made the journey and were rewarded with a fantastically lovely sunrise.

The Knotting Hill ladies retired to their beds and Lora and I had breakfast at Sound Bites in Somerville. Challa French Toast and Avacado, Tomato, Monterey Jack Omlettes. It was deliciousness.

After breakfast my plan to attend the reading of the declaration and participate in the downtown festivities fell victim to my need for sleep, and I crashed until 1 or so, when I headed down to the ward BBQ at Bishop Hafen's.


I then met up with Tania and friends to grab a spot to watch some fireworks. We waited for several hours, got rained on lots, and had a smacking good time with the growing herd of Mormons gathering in our little spot on the Charles. The Pops were awesome as per usual, and the fireworks were excellent. So many innovations in pyrotechnics... loved the show. All and all I had a fabulous 4th and will remember it for years to come. Just under a year ago was when I first discovered Boston. A year later, I'm understanding more clearly why I'm here.



"I'll stay up as late as it takes. Long as it takes."

8 comments:

Lady Bills said...

looks like you had the best 4th mooney... so happy for you.

go to my facebook and see the best picture of you on the planet... i keep meaning to email it to you and then i become all forgetful n stuff.

Jeje said...

It was certainly a blast, wasn't it, friend. Thanks for helping to make it so great!

You're the best!

Linda said...

kind of wish I took the trip to Nahant!! Looks amazing!!

Rachel said...

Hey, that's not the view we had of the fireworks...cheeky picture stealer. Holidays are rad...you are rad.

spoonfulL said...

holy freak. i can't believe i missed those fireworks. looks amazing.

moonman, i want a 57 T-bird diggity dog. you and that delight are now inextricably linked in my mind and reading your blog has made an existing craving almost intolerable...

Matt Wood said...

yeah dogg. I like the blog.
Good to see you're around.
go to mine! You Could Barely Tell

gdg said...

Hi Do you have a number I can reach you...I'd like to use your photo of the fireworks, for credit...

Thanks

my name Giulia,
my number is 2126864691

gdg said...

Hi Do you have a number I can reach you...I'd like to use your photo of the fireworks, for credit...

Thanks

my name Giulia,
my number is 2126864691