Nate Ruess of The Format's new band is called "fun." On Dog Problems, Sam and Nate tapped Roger Jospeh Manning Jr. (a hero of mine from Jellyfish, Imperial Drag, The Moog Cookbook, L.E.O. and Solid State Warrior) to arrange a few songs. On fun.'s LP, "Aim and Ignite", Roger arranged the whole album. It's pretty wild, with huge Brian Wilson-esque arrangements, channeling other influences of Nate's like Queen, The Beach Boys, Bowie, or Electric Light Orchestra. Highlights are All the Pretty Girls and At Least I'm Not as Sad (as I Used to Be).
So, anyway, I purchased the vinyl from hellomerch and they mistakenly sent me two copies. I only paid for one. So I called them up and they said to keep it. I already own the album digitally, but like most vinyl nowadays, these came with download codes. So I have for those who may want them:
A cool 180-Gram transparent color vinyl of "Aim and Ignite". (Which I'd prefer to give to someone who actually listens to wax, or is already a fan of "fun.") Pay the postage and it's yours.
And two download codes for legal ownership of this album. Let me know if anybody wants.
2 comments:
I'm all about legal ownership. And I'm all about fun.
Do I win?
So I finally checked them out. Wow. I've been looking for some good new music for a long time now and this is it. Thank you!
Any chance you still have anything laying around?
Also, more music recommendation posts please.
Post a Comment