Being the only girl I know who actually goes happily, by all of them...
I don't suppose many people would be flattered to be identified as an "internet friend", especially when you've had as much real-life friendship as we have. But as I think about it, I don't have any other friends I knew so well online, before I knew them in real life, as you. If only it had been facebook, we could have told people how we met without the cloud of shame... but alas it was MySpace. I wish I actually still knew my login for that long inactive myspace account, cause I could go back and read the effing ton of mail we sent each other before we ever met. I also forget how we happened to become friends... did I add you? Did you add me? I feel like these are questions you'd know the answers to.
Anyway, thanks for proving for me that relationships seeded online, can bloom in real life. It always feels like a really long time between when we talk, as it usually is, and we don't talk as long or as passionately as we used to about subjects deserving little or no passion. I frequently remember one thing you said in frustration, that I think defines you down to the fundamental essence. I believe you were discussing sweet versus dill pickles, or something most people would qualify as equally banal...
"Uuuuggggghh. It's so exhausting being passionate about EVERYTHING."
And you were. Everything mattered. I hate to say this here, of all the places I could say it, but the saddest words I ever heard from you were uttered on AIM sometime last year when you told me you'd been pretty involved at work, and that you "don't really listen to music anymore." I started a music share after that which, while infrequent, lets me share music I love with people I love. I was sad when the first couple installments weren't ever downloaded from the server, and at one point when I added others to the mailing, I dropped your address. I don't know why I did that, actually... For the life of me, I can't understand why the fact you didn't take the music I offered you, made it hurt anything to just keep your name on the mailer. I don't know when I'll send again (can't remember the last time I sent one), but know that I just put your gmail address back on the list, and whether or not you get the time to download some music and listen to it, doesn't really matter to me. I friggin' love your guts, and that music is for people I love.

Love, Mooney
No comments:
Post a Comment