For your entertainment/consideration: 3 random musings of mine.
Capote was good. I liked the sound design a lot. Most sound designers like mostly action movies and such on account of the explosions and such, but I thought Capote and Walk the Line were the two best sound films I've seen this year. And did Phillip Seymore Hoffman desreve the Oscar. Damn straight he did. Joaquin Phoenix will get another shot, although I'm sure he cried.
I really feel like nachos... not even good nachos. 7-11 nachos. With not but cheese and tomatoes and lots of both. This is a 70% intensity craving. Really strange too.
My problem with girls is not so much not being able to ask them out. While the pre-phone call experience is arduous, maybe even tortuous for me, the actual call usually goes medium well to good. It's when they tell me they can't go because of whatever reason. I really have a hard time believing them. Not that I don't believe them, but after all the courage-mustering it takes. A "No." under any circumstance is a nearly fatal blow. It is so hard to ask her out again... or really any female to tell you the truth. If I ask a girl out a second time after an "I can't", no matter how legitimate that "I can't" might be, I'm probably crushing on her pretty hard and just can't give up hope until the 2nd, "I can't". A 3rd is pretty much unheard of. I admire Yancy's resolve with "S". I pretty much crawl under a rock to die after strike 2.
1 comment:
Jared, no worries my friend. I to feel as though the "pre-phone call experience is arduous, maybe even tortuos [sic]" and would agree with the fact that the actual phone call itself goes over medium well most times.
In fact, I must say that I agree with your entire post...except for the part about asking a girl out a second time...it's just something you have to do if you're interested because honestly...her excuse might have been legit, and most girls aren't bold enough to call YOU after having to turn you down due to a scheduling conflict (to girls, that would seem really forward).
Anyways...listen to me...talking like I know something about girls. Hello, am I married? Am I even currently dating anyone?? the answer to both of those questions is a definate "no." So please, by all means, anyone reading this comment should take what I have to say with a grain of salt. In fact, take two.
But before wrapping things up here I must say that even though it hurts, we can't go out on strike one. Strike two however??? Well, I dont' find any problem with crawling under a rock and dieing at that point.
Post a Comment