So I did my first session all by myself yestereday. Granted, it was just recording the exact same thing I'd done twice before with Anthony, but it was still cool. Just me, an analog tape machine, a big SSL9000 J-Series console, and a drummer. I felt pretty cool and important.
Anthony was feeling sick and asked if I minded running it alone? I was really surprised that he trusted me that much. But I told him it wouldn't be a problem. Then after not sleeping very well the night before for nerves' sake... I went to work and the session went off without a hitch. At least not any hitch I couldn't handle. I even fixed something that Anthony told me later had been bugging him and got big kudos. He bragged about my solo session today to the owner. It was cool.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(101)
-
▼
June
(9)
- Betty #6...
- A word to describe my kickdrum sound...
- That ballet gave me the willis.
- Yes, the picture is from kneeshorts.com (I think ...
- Some things girls should know...
- The worlds best bbq and jazz in one weekend...
- Flyin' Solo...
- Hell, I still love you New York.
- Even Old New York was once New Amsterdam...
-
▼
June
(9)
No comments:
Post a Comment