Thursday, August 24, 2006

My Last Weekend in New York (Long Version)

Aaah, New York... we've had some good times indeed. I spent my last weekend in your glorious streets and subways having a hell of a good time with my friends. Thanks to everyone who came to Friday night's revisit of karyoke splendor...particularly John: We blew them away again. Thanks to the Bostonians who enjoyed with me a magnificent Saturday. Marie and I enjoyed a great breakfast on the lower-East side and an astonishingly beautiful community garden in the East Village. We also skulked around a lovely Catholic church and took our sweet time finding a way to Chelsea, where we joined up with Julie and Seth to wander through galleries and the Chelsea Market. I resisted fainting on Canal Street for 15 minutes before undertaking an Improv Everywhere mission at Madison Square Park. We shopped in slow motion and froze in place along with 200 or so other cohorts (Seth with his hand on Julie's tuchas)in the lower Manhattan Home Depot. We spent hours in the Met, and despite it being my 4th visit, I still went away wishing I'd seen more. I witnessed a dazed Marie under "art-overdose" and had a great chat with Julie. We finished the night with a dinner in the village, and I finally relaxed my aching arches. Sunday was enjoyed in exactly 4 places...a warm shower, church, chinatown, and my bed. In the morning I packed and made final arrangements to fly home. I saved my goodbyes to New York for my brief return in mid-September before I begin the next chapter in the saga known as Mooney's life.

Pictures at flickr

No comments:

Blog Archive