
For those who care (namely Jason)... it's the new Toft Audio Designs Trident Series ATB-24 Recording/Mixing Console, designed by designer of the good-sounding Trident boards from the 60's, 70's and 80's, Mr. Malcom Toft. The board features pretty standard class A mic pre's (nothing special) but boasts 24 channels of the same parametric eq module found on the famed Trident 80B console. And the i/o on this sucker is through the ceiling. 24 channels of mic, line, monitor/tape return inputs and trs channel interts. The monitor returns and the 8 monitor returns on the 8 busses can be utilized as well too... meaning the console can effectively sum 72 inputs to the stereo bus. Also includes peak and VU metering, monitor selction and dimming, 8 auxes, talkback and all the rest of the jazz you get on a big, expensive console.
Except they assemble them in China so they're cheap enough to buy. Hurray for Capitalism!
3 comments:
huzzah for trade agreements and outsorcing of manufacturing jobs!!!
is it sad that i think i actually understood about half of that stuff?
She's sexy. How can I tell its a she? Well... just look at all buttons and knobs! Congrats dude, that's gunna be one killer mixer. I'm jealous. BTW, I checked out that summing mixer thing ... I kinda wasn't impressed too much. Each kinda felt like they added their own character to it but nothing really hit me... to me you might as well buy a massive passive and send a PT mix to it. Maybe I'm on crack.
Well I'm a big fan of character... I thought the Chandler sounded amazing, personally. It helps that the ProTools mix was already pretty great... didn't emphasize the real magic of analog summing. There's a demo forum at GC Pro that shows what summing does for a crummy mix. The different characters of the amps is what interested me most.
Post a Comment