Wednesday, December 06, 2006

This song will make you dance on a table...


Seriously. Well, at least Jason.

I'm not sure if anyone I know is really an ELO (Electric Light Orchestra) fan, but if you are, this song by L.E.O. will make you smile. ELO founder Jeff Lynne was a completely one of a kind songwriter and producer who made such retroactive music in such a progressive way that no generation has really ever grasped it. But certain random people have always completely adored it... which explains why ELO has always had a fanbase, defying all reasonable expectaions. It's possibly some of the most annoying music ever recorded.

So last year some time a bunch of studio dogs teamed with industry no-names like Bleu and Used-To-Be's like Andy Sturmer of Jellyfish and the boys (or was it girls) from Hanson to make an ELO tribute album. Basically, this is as dorky and as awesome as music gets.

L.E.O. is an ELO tribute band. But their tribute is not covers of ELO songs, but originals inspired by the group's unique brand of pop. And at last I give you...

Ya Had Me Goin'

3 comments:

Mary said...

Mooney, I knew it was kismet. You have no idea how much Peggy and I ADORE ELO. Xanadu changed my life in ways too profound to share.

Jason Graham said...

Just danced on my chair. Thank-you very much. Its been too long since Jamiroquai and 7am. Good times. Hey, I'm coming to NYC on the 19th of Jan. I'm going to try to come to Boston... if not you should see about coming to NY.

Mooney said...

Mary: Now that you say that, it seems like I should have always known...

Jason: Sounds great. Should be able to swing it. I've been to NY tons lately though. Boston's more funner-er.