I seldom have Saturdays off. Hardly ever, in fact, since I don't work on Sunday. So, having this Saturday off was a big deal and honestly I struggled a little as to whether I would spend the precious weekend day at the "Regional Temple Day". I ultimately decided my Temple worship has been spotty at best of late and that I should attend.
Let me unequivocally state for the record that there is absolutely no better way I could have spent my Saturday. I was refreshed and renewed, I was instructed of the Holy Ghost. I was recommitted to the truth I love, and the religion I profess. I have been considering of late, how much Satan wants to keep us out of the Temple. In retrospect I am convinced that my endowment, not my mission, was the vital turning point in my life. I think of how hard the tempter worked to keep me out of the Temple. If he couldn't have me unworthy, he wanted me unmotivated; if not unmotivated, faithless. There is nothing Satan is so jealous of than his power. We are given so much power over him in the Lord's House that he will do everything he can to dissuade us from receiving our endowment. Once we have received it his only hope is to undermine it's value and priority in our life.
Brigham Young's charge is so important, because it lends the most powerful imagery to testify of the absolute significance of what that covenant should MEAN in our lives. It should never stop burning within us.
10 comments:
Why, Jared Mooney.
This is inspiring.
Amen to that! =D
Yay, I read it! I'm so glad you went too. I always think of you as the spiritually supercharged missionary. You're not supposed to turn into a regular person. But it's still not time for me to go. I have issues with it still. It's a lot harder for girls, I think. I think I'm supposed to wait until I get married.
Thanks Brother! This is a great post. It reaffirms my determination to receive my endowment. Satan has never worked so hard on me than now and I know its because I am almost ready to go to the temple to receive my endowment. Hearing your experience is strengthening to me.
Again....Thanks Brother!
Thanks Jared! this post is inspiring and helps me to refocus. Being spiritually nudged by a dear friend is a sweet tender mercy. So thanks!
AAAAAAAA-men! God speed, brother.
moonman, thanks for going to the temple day. when you strengthen yourself in the Lord, you are helping so many people beyond just yourself. (another reason satan wants to keep us away?)
needed that. thanks. and amen.
A-freaking-MEN!! I hear you loud and clear brother... I was there on Saturday as well. The temple is a place for listening and behold He speaks.
Jared, thanks for motivating post took your advice and spent day off today in temple it was awesome. Thanks again.
Post a Comment