I've been involved in the recording, writing, arranging, and producing of music for roughly 15 years. For about a decade of that I have owned my own recording equipment and for the last year, a full blown professional recording studio. I've worked on records for Willie Nelson, Billie Joel, Brand New, Muse, Dashboard Confessional, Ryan Adams, and John Mayer.
And this week I finally recorded some of my own music. Not music for a band I was in, not music I helped write or arrange, my own music...6 songs worth. It's just scratch tracks for now, but it's further than I've ever gotten before. Some of the songs are really old and most reflect stages of my life that no longer represent me, but they're things that came out of me as I was developing into the person and musician I am now.
Anyway, I've finally begun and I'm really proud of myself for having done this much. I have another 5 songs to scratch track and all of them to finish and who knows how long that will take me, but one day in the not too distant future there will be music for you to listen to. My music.
Jared
7 comments:
A. I want a listen
B. I want to make your cover art.
I want to listen too!
I was wondering if that was still on. Glad to hear you're making progress.
Awesome, I can't wait to own the CD! But I get to hear you play this weekend. :) And I'm so jealous that you've met Muse!
Just the drummer, but yeah it was cool.
Oh yay! 'Bout time, dude. I can't wait to have a listen.
If your ever looking for a backup singer, give me a ring. Oh wait, you don't want your old lady sister for that. Plus I only do Journey covers.
Post a Comment