Saturday, March 27, 2010

An art piece...


How very Mormon of me, I know, but possibly my favorite painting of all time is Arnold Freiburg's (Book of Mormon paintings) depiction of George Washington called "The Prayer at Valley Forge". It's a beautiful rendition of a beautiful moment in history and a reminder of the faith of the General of the Army of the Potomac.

And yes, there were 4 prepositional phrases in a row there.

4 comments:

Jenna said...

Love IT, one of my favorites too...too bad for you and me, Lori laid her hands on Mom's before one of us had the chance! "Ummm...I'm just gonna hang this in my house for awhile, okay!" Notice there is no question mark after that statement? Where is it after 8 years and a move from that house??? I'm just a little bitter.

Merrill Family said...

Be bitter all you want. You can't hate me cause I'm smarter than all of you :) Someday I will teach you how to do it.

Mooney said...

Whatever, I have it from Mom directly that it's mine. She even told Lori she has to give it up when I have a home.

Merrill Family said...

Sorry to break it to you but she has NOT told me that. SOOOO... neener, neener, neener. When you have something better to trade for it, I'll be happy to talk:) Until then, I will continue to hang it on my wall or hide it if I think you will break in and take it.

Blog Archive