Saturday, June 19, 2010

An open letter to my brother.

Brian,

How you doing? We don't talk or see each other as much as I'd like. I live in Boston. My bad. I'm glad you're spending your last summer at the Y doing EFY. I loved EFY when I went and everybody told me I would have been a great counselor, but my audio jobs on campus always paid so much better, that it never made sense to do it. A couple of people you've known through EFY have moved to Boston though, and they pretty much universally assent to what I've always asserted... You're awesome, just like your big brother. Haha!

I loved being at the Y with you, even for a short time. I love that we both served in the Southern States. I love that we have the same sense of humor. Your trip to Boston and our brief jaunt to NYC is one of my favorite memories in the last 4 years I've lived here.

For all the ways we're the same, there's just as many ways that we are not at all the same. And I like those too.

I hope you don't worry to much about dumb girls who can't make up their minds. It took me way to damn long to learn the lesson that, if they can't make up their mind about wanting to be with you, they simply don't want to be with you enough. Trust me, it's better to know. Better to know that they know. There's an amazing girl looking for you that you just simply haven't run into yet. You will. God wants it for you too much to let it wait forever. Don't let Dad pester you, he just wants grandbabies.

Love you, bro.

J


D-D-Dirty South.

3 comments:

Merrill Family said...

Awww. That made me smile. Thanks for sharing:)

granny2annie said...

So glad to hear how ya feel about your brother. You guys are awesome!

Katrina said...

I love this one J.

you two are the best brothers I could ever ask for.

Blog Archive