Thursday, March 02, 2006

Your g-string is too loose.

I actually said this to a kid today. It was his first guitar lesson and instead of using technical terms like sharp and flat I start out with tight and loose. Trouble is his dad was sitting in and cracked up. While I didn't mean it like that, the humor wasn't lost on me and I too laughed. But then the kid looked perplexed and asked what was so funny. I deferred to the dad, who deferred to me and then I looked at him sternly and re-deferred. The dad said "Nothing". The kid halted inquiry but was clearly unsatisfied with that answer. He'll probably go ask his friends at school what's so funny about a loose G-string. Then he'll come back and tell me I'm an imature, sick minded individual. Which I am.

Just one of those moments in learning guitar that you never forget. Your first G-String joke.

4 comments:

juxtaposer said...

Guitars aren't the only instruments that have G-strings.

Wow, that sounds dirty. That was probably your plan all along, huh, to get unsuspecting internet girls to talk dirty to you.

You scoundrel ;-)

adam said...

you are a knave!

and, apparently, liz's g-string is loose.

Mooney said...

...or too tight.

Mooney said...

My favorite is still. Your G-String is kinda dirty...you should really consider changing it.