Tuesday, August 08, 2006

My Studio is my Home.

I think perhaps only engineers and artists can understand this, but my studio (specifically the room in which I house my recording equipment, but more generally applied, the space where I create) is my secret garden, my inner sanctum, my creative Eden. It just occured to me, in large part, why I feel unsettled. I have lived without a home for 3 months. I rent a room in Harlem where I sleep, read books, check the internet, and even play guitar, but this room has failed to become my home. I finally will bring my studio with me when I return from AZ/UT. And because I am poor, my bedroom and studio will be the same place (but such is life as a renter), but that doesn't matter. I will have a home again.

I will share with you my secret plan for my new studio. The room will be a bright color as opposed to the dark I typically choose. I will hang acoustics and art as appropriate but I will comission a wall from Kristi, a wall from Adam (you'll have to find a way to get out here at some point), and 3rd awesome artist yet to be discovered. I want to give 3 artists a blank wall and $100 (not an appraisal of their work I'm just poor), and let them create. I feel this will Christen my studio as a space for creating and foster a good mood in the room. I'll leave the back wall for visitors, recording artists, and whoever to leave their mark. Good plan. Yes? No? In any case, I'm excited about it so you should be too.

10 comments:

Kylee said...

I'm no famous musician, but if I do a little recording in your studio can I leave my mark on you wall?

I think that plan sounds amazing! I'm 100% in support!

Mooney said...

Absolutely.

Tang Tang said...

Like I said, I hope you like unicorns because that's what you're getting on my part of the wall. Merpeople, too...

Mooney said...

I could hope for no less...

adam said...

well, there goes my master plan for a wall full of unicorns, centaurs, faeries, and care bears. dang. it was gonna be sweet too.

Mooney said...

Hahahaha. Care Bears! Adam, I laughed very hard when I read your comment. Like Dan laughing... seriously. Whew!

Tang Tang said...

Adam, no worries; we could totally work together here. I'm thinking pirates, crackens, ninjas riding unicorns, crackens, flying cheetahs, crackens...are you feeling it?

Mooney said...

Oh, this is going South so quickly. Your powers combined might devastate anybody wanting to record with me... they'd just be overwhelmed.

adam said...

i would prefer ninjas riding bears in vests w/ fez's on their heads riding in shriner go-cart things. but that's just a pesonal thing, really.

Mooney said...

Amazing.

Blog Archive