I got a funny question at church yesterday. I had mentioned we were gonna do this music night thing at my house after institute on Wednesday and a girl asked me if I had a microphone... Possible answers that went through my head:
"Oh, twenty or thirty. I hope that's enough."
"No, I was hoping I could borrow one actually."
(Stupid look and silence for several seconds until they deduced the obvious.)
But I decided on nice, and just said "yes".
See? I'm not always mean and sarcastic, even if they are the first impulse.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(101)
-
▼
October
(18)
- "I gave her my heart, she gave me a pen."
- The Funk of 40,000 Years
- If you have to ask if this is about you...
- The Answers:
- Funny you should ask...
- Breathe in the air...
- Help Me Donna. Help, help me Donna...
- Friday the 13th...
- Confessions of a Dangerous Mind.
- I renamed my blog.
- Intercourse ensues!
- Please tell me somone else is as retarded as me...
- When it's 2am and you can't sleep...
- Ah... music. Again and at last.
- God bless uncyclopedia....
- A Happy Trade...
- For Megan and Christina...
- Rock and Role-call. Choke on your delicious soup!
-
▼
October
(18)
5 comments:
aw, our little boy is growing up! (i would've gone with sarcasm, but that's just me.)
You exercised a lot of self control.. I'm so proud of you... if we both were standing there when she asked the question, we probably would have looked at each other weird and said what you would have said had you not thunk twice.
Speaking of mics. When I standing by the podium ready to sing on Sunday night and having to grab that mic (that was all brokified)I was thinking "I wish I had one of Jared's 20-30 mics".
Mooooonnnnneeeeyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!
What a stud you are for being nice.
I think I might have laughed in their face.
Thank goodness for repentance! Ha!
What is Boston doing to you? :)
At least it hasn't completely ruined the Jared that I know...(i.e. you still THOUGHT those things. hehe)
Then again, I think a simple "yes" still holds a bit of sarcasm.
Post a Comment