I had a pretty good day. I was reminded why I should wake up before noon on a more regular basis. I started the day with a couple refreshing and beautiful climbs in Marie's able company at the quarry in Quincy. It was a really gorgeous morning.
Then I came home, washed some dishes and went to work. That's right...work. It was great. I didn't actually teach today as expected, but I did make money, so hey... I'll take it. Oh, and I went to class... met the students (well, one of the classes), filled out tax forms and the like, met all the rest of the "faculty" popping around and scrounged up some freelance sound work on a promo spot for Spike TV. Getting the name out, as it were.
Now for the crap-stain. I got TOWED! So I did my business at CDIA and what not, then decided to get some dinner at the Chinese resturaunt down the block. I parked my car in a space designated as a reserved spot with the resturaunt's name on it. The sign read precisely, "Parking for Ponzu Resturaunt". I walked around the building ordered some take out and walked back to where my car should have been parked. The entire visit could not have occupied more than 10 minutes. But, of course, my car (that brand new one) was not where I had left it. After freaking out about a possible theft for a moment I returned to the resturaunt to ask them if they'd towed my car.
"Grey Toyota? Oh, yes."
"How-Wh-Why-What in the Hell? I'm a customer, and I was here for like 5 minutes!"
"That's our tenant parking."
"Whaaat??"
"We live here."
"So what? The spot was marked with the name of your resturaunt. Of which I am a patron (holding up my bag of food)..."
"Customers park on the street."
"How are we supposed to know that? The spot said reserved for this resturaunt. This is Ponzu, right?"
"Right."
"Then what the Hell?"
"I am sorry, but you cannot park there."
"I'm sorry too, cause you're gonna pay for my tow..."
"Oh, no, sorry, no."
"Sorry, no nothing. I parked my car in a spot marked for your establishment, and in no less than 30 seconds entered it. Whereupon you had my car towed... I'm the only person in here, you couldn't have asked if the car was mine? You're paying for my tow."
"You can sue us if you'd like."
"Are you serious? You can't be serious. No wonder your charming little resturaunt is a veritable ghost town at dinner hour. You really treat people like this?"
"I think you should leave."
"I think I'm gonna need the tow truck's phone number and your name."
"For what?"
"To retrieve my vehicle and to send you a lawsuit."
"Have a good day."
"Go to Hell."
I fumed on my 15 minute walk to the tow yard and angrily forked over my $110 in cash to retrieve my car. Smug bastards. I wanted to do them physical harm. If I wasn't so hungry, and (because of them) poor I would have hucked my curry pork dumpling soup at their window. Of course it's an empty threat cause I can't afford a lawsuit. Maybe a strongly worded letter on my dad's stationary would cut it. Grrrrrrr!!!!
But, really, it was a good day over-all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(101)
-
▼
October
(18)
- "I gave her my heart, she gave me a pen."
- The Funk of 40,000 Years
- If you have to ask if this is about you...
- The Answers:
- Funny you should ask...
- Breathe in the air...
- Help Me Donna. Help, help me Donna...
- Friday the 13th...
- Confessions of a Dangerous Mind.
- I renamed my blog.
- Intercourse ensues!
- Please tell me somone else is as retarded as me...
- When it's 2am and you can't sleep...
- Ah... music. Again and at last.
- God bless uncyclopedia....
- A Happy Trade...
- For Megan and Christina...
- Rock and Role-call. Choke on your delicious soup!
-
▼
October
(18)
2 comments:
I loved the dialogue, but I am sorry you had to go through that... Was the food good?
Yeah, but I can't eat there again out of principle.
Post a Comment