Friday I went to lunch at the same pizzaria near Berklee and napped about whilst everybody was at work. Then we went to a performance of Mozart by the Boston Landmarks Orchestra. They played a finished version of the Requiem he was in process of finishing upon his death. It was perfect. The soloists were amazing, especially the bass (give it up for basses). I want to see that guy sing the role of Zorastro in the Magic Flute. Oh, yeah and we were soaking wet. We walked to Harvard from the church (about a 1/4 mile) in a deluge. Kylee, Catherine (sp?) and I stopped and played in a fountain and got even wetter if it were possible (sorry no pictures, they were taken on Catherine's camera). Afterwords enhungered (and probably less than intelligent) we went to eat at a diner/ice cream parlor. It was cold.
Saturday we woke up in the morning and took a ferry to Spectacle Island in the harbor to see the USS Constitution fire it's guns. I think somehow we missed it though (not the boat, the guns). Then we ferried over to Georges Island and played all day in the fort there which was occupied for 4 or 5 different wars. Much of our time was spent exploring in darkened hallways and rooms with unbelievable reverb tails (Jason, you would have shat yourself, no joke). Then we boated back to Boston and the view made me fall in love. I'm not kidding...Boston and I are in love. Saturday night we went to "Shakespeare in the Common" which was free (always great) and saw a nifty little rendition of "Taming of the Shrew" contemporized up to North End Boston's equivalent of "Little Italy". I was reminded how much more I like Shakespeare in comedy. Shakespeare in the Park was amazing, but I had more fun with the Shrew than MacBeth.
Sunday we went to church and I really enjoyed the meetings. Lots of cool people, good lessons, great comments, and a really reverent and wonderful sacrament meeting. At this point I start panicking... what if I'm supposed to live in Boston instead of New York? But I just got jobS in New York. Aaaah! After church we ate some dinner and I headed back to the airport. A big part of my soul wishes I was still there. I think I might ache for Boston for a while. Have you ever felt a need to be in a place that it isn't reasonable to be in?
Anyhow, I will now slew pictures about cause it's easier than scattering them through the text in appropriate places. Thanks to my Boston friends for putting me up and carting me 'round. I had a good old time. Come to New York so we can have fun here too.








9 comments:
let me just say that i haven't even read the post yet...and YES, I AM JEALOUS!!!
Now, excuse me while i read about your most recent Boston experience.
ok....yes. Officially jealous.
So I miss you already. My how we bonded! So I guess I will be seeing you sooner than later. To the Park I say!
How I adore you! kylee
The feeling is mutual.
Sweet ass salute ma' boy! Join us again soon. Actually, we'll probably see you in NYC first.
I need a vacation, in Boston... I need to go there in the fall... when the leaves are turning. Never a more beautiful sight than Comm Ave on a crisp sunny autumn day. Oi for Utah.
Come to New York and we'll bus up. But you must come for a week. Seriously.
Miss you already, friend! Boston was asking about you. I didn't have the heart to tell her where you were and were apt to stay. You'll have to call her and explain yourself.
Tell her I'm crazy about her. At least then maybe I can some action next time I see her. Wait, are we still talking about Boston?
Post a Comment