Tuesday, July 18, 2006

"Wow, I know you said you were flat-footed, but WOW."

I went to foot locker today to get some running shoes. After trying on a couple pairs I explained that I was pretty flat-footed and probably needed something with a better arch. The referee assisting me had given me the shoes with the biggest arch already so he referred (since that's what referees do well) me to a place down the street called Jackrabbit Sports. I introduced myself to one of the shoe experts and explained my whole genetic predicament. She asked me to show her my feet so I did and she said the title of this post. They had me run on a treadmill in a neutral running shoe and video recorded from different angles, my run. After some analysis and a few different video treadmill sessions in different shoes, we landed on a pair that corrected much of my bad form as a result of my flat feet. The shoes are aptly called "The Beasts", as they are easily the heaviest running shoe I have ever worn. Seth, Jason and I just went running in the pouring rain. I consider the Beasts sufficiently Christened.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You got the New York Noise poster? Cool!

Blog Archive