Saturday, July 29, 2006
Organic.
I went into Avatar this afternoon to help Anthony give our Hammond C3 a checkup. We swapped some tubes, fixed some dents in some of the tonewheels, and she sounds better than ever. Well, maybe not better than she sounded on "Dark Side of the Moon". That's right, Avatar owns the Hammond from Abbey Road where Pink Floyd recorded their breakthrough album. It's not likely any Beatles played it since it replaced another older Hammond at Abbey Road in 1970. Plus the organ is (as far as we can discern) a '69 (The year the Beatles began to break up. I think it was '70 when they officially called it quits). It's still pretty cool though, and in the end, I like Floyd better than the Beatles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(101)
-
▼
July
(18)
- Another moleskine gem.
- Organic.
- A Pleasant Surprise.
- Scribbled in my Moleskine sometime yesterday.
- Back in New York City.
- More Boston.
- I love lamp.
- AWESOME.
- San Dimas High School Football Rules!
- Our house becomes a home. (Sorta)
- "Wow, I know you said you were flat-footed, but WOW."
- An Edible Ice Cream Receptacle
- Employment news.
- I'm doing the 7's thing...
- Having a subway car to yourselves...
- When the lights go down in the city, and the sun s...
- This is what I ate tonight.
- A weekend in Boston, MA
-
▼
July
(18)
1 comment:
We have a hammond too... in Utah... ok I'm done.
Post a Comment