Wednesday, July 05, 2006

A weekend in Boston, MA

So, kind of on a whim, Yancy and I bought tickets on the Chinatown Bus from New York to Boston. His friend Stephanie was gonna be up there and it being one of his last weekends in New York... I figured I was down for anything he wanted to do.

So we took an early train down to Chinatown on Sunday morning on boarded the "Lucky Star" (pronounced Rucky Stah) bus. The bus trip was pretty uneventful. Yancy slept and I sat, bitter that I couldn't fall sleep. But we did see a very cool cemetery on the outskirts of Long Island with the Manhattan skyscraper skyline behind it. It looked amazing. Neither of us could get our cameras in time, but we're going out there this weekend to get the picture cause wow...talk about imagery.

We actually showed up early and went to sacrament meeting in our shorts and t-shirts. Yes, I felt like a heathen. I also had my pillow. Kinda tempting to have a pillow with you in sacrament meeting. We spent the afternoon getting settled in the house we were staying at. Some girlfriends of Scott's (Yancy and I's friend in Boston) were gone for the weekend and told him we could stay there while they were gone. They were the coolest girls we'd never met. They left us cake and brownies, the key to a car, and their awesome dog, Cleo. We left them flowers when we left. Anyway, we spent most of Sunday hanging out with my friend Kristi from High School who lived just down the street. Then Scott made Thai food for all of us. Then I fell asleep.

The next morning Yancy and I walked the Freedom Trail (a red line around Boston that leads to significant historical sites having to do with the American revolution). It was really cool. Then, on Jason's advice we visited the Berklee College of Music and his favorite pizzaria across the street therefrom. Finally, we attended a live camera rehearsal for the 4th of July Boston Pops concert featuring Steven Tyler and Joe Perry of Aerosmith. It was really cool. The sound was amazing (outdoors) and I visited the sound guy just tell him how great he was. He seemed appreciative. The Pops were of course pretty amazing themselves, and hanging out with all the new friends we'd made just made for an awesome Independence Eve. Hours later Yancy and I were on a bus back to New York, completely exhausted. I had no problems sleeping on the way back, incedently. Oh, also we never ended up hanging out with Yancy's friend Stephanie cause she was like an hour away from Boston. Oh well, we had fun anyway.

And... pictures.











3 comments:

Jason Graham said...

I'm so jealous I could spit!

Mooney said...

You were, as nearly always... deeply missed.

Carly said...

Ummm.... canoli! Glad you took my suggestion and it looks like you enjoyed it. Come back to Boston and visit soon!

Blog Archive